Sunday 28 November 2010

EDL in Preston

The EDL were protesting in relation to the building of another Mosque in Preston. There were about 1000 - 2000 of them who had travelled from all over the country. The area was heavily policed as there was also a demonstration by the UAF in the market square at the same time. Large metal barriers (more like metal walls) were erected to keep the two groups apart. The streets were cordoned off and at one point I was stranded upstairs in Nero's cafe which provided a good vantage point. The event went without too much trouble. I was wary of taking my SLR so opted for my compact. I needn't have worried though,, I was very surprised at the amount of very expensive cameras and lenses on the 'front line'. 
Thios doesn't fit with any project but was too colourful and controversial to miss.















1 comment: