Saturday 27 November 2010

Saturday morning in Blackpool

I assumed that I would get better evidence of drug use in Blackpool, however I discounted two things. Having gotten up at 5am to get there before the cleaners begin work (according to a council worker I met one morning in Preston you have to get out before 6am to see the best evdience before its cleared up - again maybe the public are never aware of the true mess left on the streets!).

I was immediatley struck by something. The streets were amazingly clean. I put this down to two things, the time of year - not many holiday makers and the temperature - there are cold weather warnings on TV. Having said that it wasn't that cold -1 to 0, although I guess after drink and dressed  in just a shirt or short dress it could be. Still got a few shots though. I used the on-camera flash as opposed to my Metz 45 for two reasons. The Metz is bulky, and a bit obvious having to carry it around the dark streets of Blackpool at 5.30 in the morning. Another reason is again, I didn't want to draw too much attention to myself with a bright burst of light.








No comments:

Post a Comment